Community - Ideas & Improvements

Page: 1, ... 5, 6, 7, 8

Callumpy

Administrator

• Gamerscore: 137300
  • Total posts: 446
  • Level: 25
  • Posted: 26 Mar 2014 02:24 pm
    Any chance of creating a crappy app and charging us for the privilege of using it. Not that anyone will. ukinspro

Do you mean a mobile app? If so, we don't actually plan on doing that and would rather just make a free to access mobile version of the site, or we may change our layout to be responsive.

And maybe creating a reward system for writing multiple pointless comments, then everyone can know I spend more time on the web than doing what I'm paid to do - work for a living.ukinspro

We already have that :laugh: It's the level system you can see underneath your name on the left, or under your gamer picture on your profile page.

We will probably make better use of the level system at some point and turn it into more than just a number.

On a more constructive note, is it possible to maybe flag certain games or achievements for maybe something you have completed but are happy for gamers to contact you for help. Whether this be a viral achievement or just a co-op achievement you like or are willing to help others with.
    Examples being say an Easter Egg run through on Blops II or a Expert run through on L4D.

So rather than spamming users with the achievement for help or waiting for a session its easier to get some help from those willing? ukinspro

It's very possible, and I like the idea!

Post last edited 26 Mar 2014 11:13 pm by Callumpy.

cloelea

• Gamerscore: 212775
  • Total posts: 119
  • Level: 13
  • Posted: 28 Mar 2014 09:55 pm
    oh yes hopefully gaming sessions can be added for each game page here to schedule to boost games at any given time.

xENVxGAMERSKREW

• Gamerscore: 261481
  • Total posts: 4
  • Level: 2
  • Posted: 31 Mar 2014 11:53 pm
    I have a few... (none to important just my pov of the site I'd like to see improved but not mandatory just... I'll stop lol)

A smaller XOne Gamercard for the Generator
    like one either 1/2 or smaller than the current one? the big block for the gt + website is as big as everything else lol you can make the last 4 into a smaller cubes and in the middle of those add the website (or above/below) and the gt can be above / below along with the GS

feels like the big block is what is killing it for me I like using it but in some areas is just too big lol

--------------------

I also like the idea of an app but that is a lot of work ... so I'd settle for a mobile friendly layout.

--------------------

A find a lobby (lets play) page to setup play sessions with other members the current https://www.mygamerprofile.net/playing.php just shows the players playing instead of requesting and joining other players. That would be a very cool addition. Especially since not that many people have xbox one and its hard to find players.

--------------------

The last one before I go play my X1 is awards for doing community playdates, posts, comments, playing certain games, and requesting people to play with ( ;-] - lets play lol)

anyways love the site.

rnI'm not much of a poster but I am a Gamer so add me on X1 GT: xENVxGAMERSKREW:laugh:

Post last edited 31 Mar 2014 11:54 pm by xENVxGAMERSKREW.

XeWoN

Administrator

• Gamerscore: 164270
  • Total posts: 439
  • Level: 28
  • Posted: 1 Apr 2014 12:58 pm
    xENVxGAMERSKREW. There are some really nice suggestions there. At the minute I'm pretty busy working on the next site update but I believe Callumpy is going to look into making more Xbox One gamercards. As for the other suggestions, theses are things that I can look into when I have finished the current update.

XeWoN

Administrator

• Posted: 1 Apr 2014 04:39 pm
    A smaller XOne Gamercard for the GeneratorxENVxGAMERSKREW

We have just added a smaller gamercard. See an example in my signature.

Post last edited 1 Apr 2014 04:39 pm by XeWoN.

xENVxGAMERSKREW

• Posted: 3 Apr 2014 02:23 am
    Awesome 8)

rnI'm not much of a poster but I am a Gamer so add me on X1 GT: xENVxGAMERSKREW:laugh:

License to Kill

• Gamerscore: 563155
  • Total posts: 60
  • Level: 9
  • Posted: 13 Apr 2014 06:15 pm
    Is their a possibility of leaderboards for specific genres?

xENVxGAMERSKREW

• Posted: 13 Apr 2014 08:24 pm
    Also on the leaderboards can you put at the top of the leaderboard your position?

ie: 114 xENVxGAMERSKREW 163666

That way you don't have to search dozens of pages to find your position.

n1ckKz

Site Moderator

• Gamerscore: 417740
  • Total posts: 315
  • Level: 20
  • Posted: 14 Apr 2014 01:12 am
    We're probably going to add some sort of site-ranking system eventually.

Don't feed the trolls.

XeWoN

Administrator

• Posted: 14 Apr 2014 11:47 am
    Is their a possibility of leaderboards for specific genres? License to Kill

At the minute we don't currently have genres for our games. This is something that we are looking into as well as leaderboard improvements. So the both will most likely go together in an update.

Also on the leaderboards can you put at the top of the leaderboard your position?

ie: 114 xENVxGAMERSKREW 163666

That way you don't have to search dozens of pages to find your position.xENVxGAMERSKREW

This is good a point, when I first made the leaderboards it was really easy to find yourself but now there are over 700 members on the site I think we need to update this.

YodellingPotato

• Gamerscore: 18390
  • Total posts: 9
  • Level: 3
  • Posted: 16 Apr 2014 01:15 am
    I know it's near impossible but a separate leaderboard for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I only have Xbox One games on my profile and I don't really want to search through thousands of 360 users to get my standing

Theo Boots

Site Moderator

• Gamerscore: 185195
  • Total posts: 228
  • Level: 18
  • Posted: 24 May 2014 08:28 am
    The search feature includes a search of games and a search of gamers.

Would it be possible to include the (archive of) articles?

Callumpy

Administrator

• Gamerscore: 137300
  • Total posts: 446
  • Level: 25
  • Posted: 24 May 2014 11:45 am
    I know it's near impossible but a separate leaderboard for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I only have Xbox One games on my profile and I don't really want to search through thousands of 360 users to get my standingYodellingPotato

It's not near impossible at all, it's something that will be done at some point. We would like to add quite a few different 'filters' to the leaderboards page :)

The search feature includes a search of games and a search of gamers.

Would it be possible to include the (archive of) articles?Theo Boots

It used to, so yes :laugh:

It'll be back soon

Post last edited 24 May 2014 11:46 am by Callumpy.

II N0 Scope45 I

• Gamerscore: 815177
  • Total posts: 86
  • Level: 11
  • Posted: 27 May 2014 01:42 am
    Would it be possible to have a notification for when you complete a game on your feed? Maybe telling you how many others on the site have completed it as well?
    Maybe have milestones as well, such as 100k achievements or 100 completed games?

Grimlocke Prime

News Editor

• Gamerscore: 321023
  • Total posts: 106
  • Level: 13
  • Posted: 30 May 2014 12:15 pm
    1st suggestion: I would like to see milestones, 10k Gamerscore 10 games maxed out (100% completed) 100 forum posts, 10 achievement guides posted and so and so forth. Expanding from that small site emblems that are unlocked like achievements just for site and gaming progression milestones.

2nd suggestion: follow system for people to follow others progress in their gaming for example when n1ckkz has a major gaming session and unlocks 10 achievements or when he maxes out a game.

n1ckKz

Site Moderator

• Gamerscore: 417740
  • Total posts: 315
  • Level: 20
  • Posted: 30 May 2014 05:20 pm
    You made me feel special Grimlocke xD

Don't feed the trolls.

Woof Woef

• Gamerscore: 5475
  • Total posts: 17
  • Level: 5
  • Posted: 19 Feb 2017 11:18 pm
    Something you'd like to see?
    xxxxx-Profile comments. I'd like to be able to leave a comment (For example: Someone reaching 100,000 Gs, completing a game, having a funny name, etc.) for such things. Sending a message would seem a little... weird?xxxxx
    The "Feed" is a basic version of this.
    https://www.mygamerprofile.net/gamer/woof+woef/social/
    My feed, for those trying to figure out what I mean :fool:
    -Following/Tracking threads. this one is pretty self-explanatory, but still. I'd like to be able to follow a bunch of threads, and get notifications when someone/anyone replies.
    -Following friends. Only available to friends, to minimize stalking. But, I'd like to be able to see what/if my friend(s) post(s).
    -Following games. I'm not sure about this one as I haven't played any new games yet, but getting a notification/email about either 1) Bug Fixes, DLC or new achievements and/or 2) when someone adds a(n achievement) review/guide
    -Custom profile pictures/avatars. Add a minimum amount of posts (50?) to minimize/prevent inappropriate pictures, while allowing more customizability. (I understand that Xbox is the main focus of the site, but still.)
    -Achievements for the forum itself. Sure, the levels are nice, but some achievements/user badges will give more incentive to post.
    Edit: -Forum polls. I can't immediately see how to make polls. It would be pretty useful, from best flavor of potato chip to worst game of 2016, for example.
    Edited: -Profile views. Perhaps even showing "Latest visitors". There's already friends, so why not?

Something you want to see improved?
    -Latest posts showing the name of the latest poster. Allows me to quickly see who posted where.
    -The BBCode/reply box in general. A WYSIWYG type of editor (I guess?) If I "bold" something, I'd rather see it be applied immediately, instead of having to post it and "hope" it works.
    (I tried messing around with the width and height of images using the img code, but it didn't work. Would've been nicer to see that immediately instead of editing and posting a couple times.)
    The small box at the bottom of the forums should also have
    xxxxxEdit: -Reporting users. I didn't see this, but is it possible to report users specifically? It seems a little redundant to report a post, to report the user... xxxxx
    Already found this, no clue how I overlooked this :laugh:

some things. Preferably all emoticons and tags. I don't know all the emoticon's names, and having to click "reply" to click an emoticon is pretty redundant.
    -More BBCode in general. Even the basic things, like having things be left, text size, text color, hidden text/spoilers, etc. I feel it would allow you to express yourself more clearly.
    -Spoiler/Hidden box. I mainly use these for images/YouTube videos, so they don't take up the whole screen and let people with slow connections still browse relatively smoothly.
    Edit: -"Windows 8" forum should be renamed to "Windows OS" or somesuch. Windows 8 and 10 are similar, but not the same...
    ((Didn't GFWL essentially get abandoned and replaced by the Windows Store and Xbox app?))
    Edit: -When replying to a message, there's no way of seeing the old message. You have to have a second tab open, which is pretty annoying. Since a reply has its own page, having the old message(s) below the typing box wouldn't really be wasted space, and it would be way more convenient!
    What about "messages" with one person forming a "thread", kind of like a 2-person specific thread, where all the previous replies are above the typing box. It'd be a little more cluttered, but also easier to find things.
    Or something similar, perhaps?
    Edit: -Ties in with the above: sending reply just leaves you on the page with "message sent". Why doesn't it automatically redirect you to your inbox, profile, or the forums?

Have a good idea?
    -Being able to upvote/downvote/like posts. Maybe have it reflect on your experience? More posts =/= higher level. More useful posts = higher level.
    -@Tags or something similar, to let people know you've mentioned them/be notified that you've been mentioned.
    -A larger "Latest posts" feature. A (basically) never-ending list of "latest posts" on a separate URL, for those who aren't active, or in case "latest posts" is being spammed by someone (Like me lol)
    -Being able to review games, and review guides for games/achievements.
    Edit: -Wishlists. I haven't seen such a feature, but it would be neat to be able to make a wishlist, and maybe compare it to friends. Also, have the games auto-remove when you play them. No point in having games on your wishlist if you've already played them!
    Edit: -Having a setting to choose where the banner at the top of the site leads you to. I often want to go to the forums, and click on the MyGamerProfile.net banner, only to be sent to the front page, making me click on "Forums"... Some people might want to have something else set as their default. Options are good, right?
    Edit: -Having "Edited" posts show up in the Latest Posts box, with "[EDITED]" next to the post or something, so you can see edits/updates, and know beforehand it's an edit and not a new post.
    Example (Pretty barebones but still) :

Edit: -"In forum" This ties in with the previous recommendation. It shows where the last post was made, and allows you to click on the thread's name to go to said thread. Why isn't this here already? :minishock:
    It doesn't add clutter, but provides extra information, in my opinion...

Notes: I'm not super skilled at using forums. Some of these might already be here, but not readily apparent.
    I haven't gone through the whole thread (Sorry! I'm lazy :'( ) so some ideas/suggestions might've already been brought up...

Woof :carefree:

Post last edited 21 Feb 2017 03:17 am by Woof Woef.

NShepherd N7

• Gamerscore: 184670
  • Total posts: 5
  • Posted: 18 Apr 2017 09:49 pm
    Not sure if someone has already brought this up or not, but sometimes when I play BC games on my Xbox One, two different tiles show up in my Gamercard for the same game. For example, it's happening right now when I play Black Ops II or Gears of War 2. Is there a reason for this, is it an error, and is there a way to fix it? Thanks for all that you do! :geek: