Page: 1, 2

XeWoN

Administrator

• Gamerscore: 168930
  • Total posts: 449
  • Level: 28
  • Posted: 10 Jul 2013 06:38 pm
    Hey Guys and Girls,

We would like everyone to post all your questions for or about the site that we will hopefully be able to answer in an upcoming news article. Any questions that we don't answer in the article we will more than likely reply after the news article.

Thanks,
    MyGamerProfile Admin Team.

Post last edited 10 Jul 2013 06:38 pm by XeWoN.

Zurbum

• Gamerscore: 135315
  • Total posts: 3
  • Level: 2
  • Posted: 11 Jul 2013 12:28 pm
    How come there is only a limited set of countries in Settings->Region?

Callumpy

Administrator

• Gamerscore: 137895
  • Total posts: 447
  • Level: 25
  • Posted: 11 Jul 2013 01:10 pm
    How come there is only a limited set of countries in Settings->Region?Zurbum

Those are the regions where Xbox LIVE is 'supported'.

We can add another country if you live somewhere that isn't listed! :)

Zurbum

• Gamerscore: 135315
  • Total posts: 3
  • Level: 2
  • Posted: 11 Jul 2013 02:25 pm
    Is there any particular reason to keep only Xbox LIVE supported countries in the list? If not, it would be great to be able to select a country of residence. Just a thought in case you will later add leaderboards based on country of residence for example.

Would it be possible to add email notifications in the forums? I apologize if this feature already exists.

Keep up the good work guys!

Callumpy

Administrator

• Posted: 11 Jul 2013 02:28 pm
    Is there any particular reason to keep only Xbox LIVE supported countries in the list? If not, it would be great to be able to select a country of residence. Just a thought in case you will later add leaderboards based on country of residence for example.

Would it be possible to add email notifications in the forums? I apologize if this feature already exists.

Keep up the good work guys!Zurbum

We only have the supported regions because they are supposed to be the only places you can use Xbox LIVE, I'm aware that is not true. We may add more countries to the list soon.

About the forum notification, that is something that will be coming soon, its a feature I myself have been waiting for! :laugh: I am also just writing up a list of new forums to add to the site so there are more places to talk and more things to discuss :)

Post last edited 11 Jul 2013 02:30 pm by Callumpy.

Nomstuff

• Gamerscore: 309497
  • Total posts: 162
  • Level: 15
  • Posted: 12 Jul 2013 04:57 pm
    Don't put to many forums up as the place will look emptier then.

Stealth David

Site Moderator

• Gamerscore: 921150
  • Total posts: 490
  • Level: 24
  • Posted: 12 Jul 2013 05:19 pm
    Don't put to many forums up as the place will look emptier then. Nomstuff

Looks enough for me now, well at least for a while

Follow me on Twitter for a chance to win free games!

https://twitter.com/StealthDavid

XeWoN

Administrator

• Posted: 12 Jul 2013 06:27 pm
    Don't put to many forums up as the place will look emptier then. Nomstuff

Looks enough for me now, well at least for a whileStealth David

We are waiting for the forums to get used more then we will starting more off-topic genres like books and anime, etc.

WeisGuy9

• Gamerscore: 274368
  • Total posts: 6
  • Level: 3
  • Posted: 1 Jan 2014 10:33 am
    Hey, I just noticed the achievement rarity sidebar on the profile page. That's a nice bit of alright. I like it. I looked through the forums to see what the qualifications are for the Rare, Legendary, etc. but couldn't find anything. Could you clarify, just for my own curiosity?
    Not polite, patient, or politically correct.

Callumpy

Administrator

• Posted: 1 Jan 2014 12:34 pm
    Hey, I just noticed the achievement rarity sidebar on the profile page. That's a nice bit of alright. I like it. I looked through the forums to see what the qualifications are for the Rare, Legendary, etc. but couldn't find anything. Could you clarify, just for my own curiosity?WeisGuy9

They're only written on this news post for the time being. Hopefully we will soon get an help section up where all of this sort of stuff will be written :)

Achievement rarity is based upon the percentage of users who have unlocked the achievement out of those who have played the selected game, this is a great way to see which achievements are the most difficult to obtain.

There are 5 different levels of achievement rarity, they are as follows:
    Common - More than 51%
    Uncommon - Between 36% and 50%
    Rare - Between 16% and 35%
    Ultra Rare - Between 6% and 15%
    Legendary - Less than 6%

Post last edited 1 Jan 2014 01:00 pm by XeWoN.

Theo Boots

Site Moderator

• Gamerscore: 193630
  • Total posts: 228
  • Level: 18
  • Posted: 1 Jan 2014 01:50 pm
    Some explanation about the user-levels would be nice in the Q&A.

For completeness sake I'll give some example questions:
    - Is there a level cap?
    - Is the level-progression following an exponential curve?
    - Is progress only dependent on posts? (normal posts, guides etc.)
    - Is progress dependent on gamerscore? Maybe the gamerscore acquired while a member of MGP?
    - Is progress dependent on game-completion? Would that be with or without dlc?

Callumpy

Administrator

• Posted: 1 Jan 2014 03:54 pm
    Some explanation about the user-levels would be nice in the Q&A.

For completeness sake I'll give some example questions:
    - Is there a level cap?
    - Is the level-progression following an exponential curve?
    - Is progress only dependent on posts? (normal posts, guides etc.)
    - Is progress dependent on gamerscore? Maybe the gamerscore acquired while a member of MGP?
    - Is progress dependent on game-completion? Would that be with or without dlc?Theo Boots

Is there a level cap?
    No, you should keep levelling up forever.

Is the level-progression following an exponential curve?
    Yes it is, when we get round to it we will create a page showing all the information about levelling, we already have a graph showing the curve for levelling up to go on there.

If you don't understand this, the simplest way to explain is: The higher you level up, the harder it becomes to get to the next level.

Is progress only dependent on posts? (normal posts, guides etc.)
    Yes, you will be able to get XP for a number of different things. at the moment its pretty much just for creating posts/comments and for creating guides. Basically you level up for participating in the community.

Is progress dependent on gamerscore? Maybe the gamerscore acquired while a member of MGP?
    No, it isn't and I doubt it ever will be. The idea behind XP is as above, it's a reward for participating in our community.

Is progress dependent on game-completion? Would that be with or without dlc?
    Again, no and it probably never will be.

FEAR EPIDEMIC

• Gamerscore: 399771
  • Total posts: 138
  • Level: 13
  • Posted: 2 Jan 2014 09:46 pm
    An achievement should be legendary if only 1 person has the achievement regardless the percentage, no?

Theo Boots

Site Moderator

• Gamerscore: 193630
  • Total posts: 228
  • Level: 18
  • Posted: 4 Jan 2014 05:43 am
    An achievement should be legendary if only 1 person has the achievement regardless the percentage, no? FEAR EPIDEMIC

No. At least not according to the current definition (6%).

The consequence of this is:
    If fewer than 17 people own a game then an achievement will be legendary if nobody has the achievement.
    If only one of the 'fewer than 17 people' has the achievement then the 6% limit is exceeded and the achievement will be ultra-rare.

Basically a person can only own a legendary achievement if 17 or more people own the game.

Since I don't know how the coding was done the exact number of owners might deviate a bit. (depending on rounding and comparison)

For an example look at this ultra-rare achievement
    [url]

Rare
    [/url]
    Post last edited 4 Jan 2014 06:21 am by Theo Boots.

[[Deleted User

• Gamerscore: 83230
  • Total posts: 8
  • Level: 6
  • Posted: 24 Feb 2014 01:50 pm
    Is there a way we can see the solutions we posted in one list?

EDIT: This site counts DLC that I do not have? Seriously? Is that something that will change?
    DELETE ME
    Post last edited 24 Feb 2014 06:16 pm by [[Deleted User.

XeWoN

Administrator

• Posted: 24 Feb 2014 09:31 pm
    Is there a way we can see the solutions we posted in one list?

EDIT: This site counts DLC that I do not have? Seriously? Is that something that will change?[[Deleted User

There isn't currently a list of your solutions, something I will start working on this week.

As for DLC, we haven't completed adding all the DLC to the site so at the minute we count every achievement that you have for a game, we will be changing it to only count the DLC you have played at a later point.

[[Deleted User

• Posted: 25 Feb 2014 09:30 am
    Great to hear that.
    DELETE ME

[[Deleted User

• Posted: 25 Feb 2014 09:22 pm
    I see an edit page but when I save it, I am given a red box saying "You don't have permission to edit this post."
    DELETE ME

XeWoN

Administrator

• Posted: 1 Mar 2014 01:47 am
    I see an edit page but when I save it, I am given a red box saying "You don't have permission to edit this post."[[Deleted User

You should be able to edit your guides now.

Fluttershy Mike

• Gamerscore: 230778
  • Total posts: 1
  • Level: 1
  • Posted: 17 Mar 2014 06:18 am
    Do you use an API to collect data for games, achievements, etc. or is it all "scraping"?
    Post last edited 17 Mar 2014 06:19 am by Fluttershy Mike.