Remove Apps Feature?

NShepherd N7

• Gamerscore: 315780
  • Total posts: 5
  • Level: 2
  • Posted: 23 Aug 2016 09:48 pm
    Hey I'm a big fan of using the gamercard from here on other sites, but I've noticed a lot of things popping up on my card that I'd rather not be there. I like to use it to show my friends what games I've been playing, not that I've been using apps such as Netflix, HBO GO, Hulu, Twitch, Amazon, Ubisoft Club, Xbox Movies, Preview Dashboard, IGN, etc. All these apps clutter my gamercard, preventing others from seeing my games. I even keep seeing this ugly green pixelated icon and I have no idea what that represents.

It would be cool if there was a feature to turn off certain things from showing up. I have no idea how hard that is to implement, but all I want to see are GAMES.

Stealth David

Administrator

• Gamerscore: 1144191
  • Total posts: 498
  • Level: 25
  • Posted: 23 Aug 2016 11:15 pm
    Seems like a fair idea I don't mind seeing them myself since they have achievements they do have a part to play on this site, but a hide option could work.

Follow me on Twitter for a chance to win free games!

https://twitter.com/StealthDavid

DesiXBL

• Gamerscore: 179555
  • Total posts: 8
  • Level: 4
  • Posted: 26 Aug 2016 07:59 am
    I agree.
    Only games, please.

XeWoN

Administrator

• Gamerscore: 177968
  • Total posts: 456
  • Level: 29
  • Posted: 29 Aug 2016 12:12 pm
    This is something that we could look into, it could cause a few smaller issues down the line though.

Currently the site only holds information of games and applications that have achievements, so for apps like OneGuide we don't have any information on the site. When the API calls for a list of titles to display on your gamercard it doesn't know if it has achievements or not. So the only way to make it so applications don't appear on your gamercard is to have a blacklist of titles but then that would need to be updated manually.

I'll take a look to see if there is another way I can make it so only games appear and I'll post any updates in this post.

Stealth David

Administrator

• Gamerscore: 1144191
  • Total posts: 498
  • Level: 25
  • Posted: 29 Aug 2016 09:31 pm
    This is something that we could look into, it could cause a few smaller issues down the line though.

Currently the site only holds information of games and applications that have achievements, so for apps like OneGuide we don't have any information on the site. When the API calls for a list of titles to display on your gamercard it doesn't know if it has achievements or not. So the only way to make it so applications don't appear on your gamercard is to have a blacklist of titles but then that would need to be updated manually.

I'll take a look to see if there is another way I can make it so only games appear and I'll post any updates in this post.XeWoN

It should be optional still some apps have gamerscore and challenges and I wouldn't want them to disappear completely from the site.

Follow me on Twitter for a chance to win free games!

https://twitter.com/StealthDavid

NShepherd N7

• Gamerscore: 315780
  • Total posts: 5
  • Level: 2
  • Posted: 30 Aug 2016 09:35 pm

I'll take a look to see if there is another way I can make it so only games appear and I'll post any updates in this post.XeWoN

Thanks for the reply Xenon! Again, I have no idea about all the work that goes on behind the scenes, but an option would be greatly appreciated. I only have four slots open on the gamercard I use on forums, and iit's lame that two of them are always taken up by apps. :)